Sunday, December 23, 2012

Formaggio Kitchen

So Formaggio never made it to the Bucket List because I knocked it off the list as soon as possible. Imagine the most beautiful gourmet food store you can think of... And now know that it is not nearly as great as Formaggio. The brand has a few stores, two in Boston and one in NYC. I visited the Cambridge one, and while she may be small she is fierce. It is three-made-into-one store front, one with the meats and cheeses, one with the pastries and chocolates (!) and one with bread, produce, beer and wine. The whole store was beautiful, filled with local cheeses and beers as well as imported ones. The staff goes on a trip to their purveyors each year, the cheese people go to the cheese farms, the wine people go to the vineyards. It sounds like an immense amount of fun. If I didn't already have two jobs, I would apply there. I sort of just want to live there. Forever. 

Alas, I am out of words for how wonderful this store is, so I will just leave you with a picture of its beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment